Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Repect for Standard Mode

crazyest
    crazyest

Repect for Standard Mode Empty Repect for Standard Mode

Post  crazyest Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:37 pm

I've got to say I'm rather impressed with the challagers in standard. They are no joke you got a few A-holes, but for the most part there are some tough cookies out there. They still fall short to the overwelming power of my astaroth. For example i was playing ranked after i made my new account and it came to my "Battle of Destiny" to get level 2 and i was challanged by a level 331. He went all out to smash me the first round and taunted me repeatedly in the first round. After seeing what he had to offer; and it was not much; i unless my might Axe of Fury upon him. He tried so hard. I felt sorry for him getting beat by a lvl 1 is so degrading. We fought best out of three later of course i won. But anyway i think standard is pretty awesome. Much respect afro
    jhlax15
    jhlax15

Repect for Standard Mode Empty reply to crazeyst

Post  jhlax15 Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:43 pm

wadup everyone a reply to crazyest,,,standard players are not as good in my appinion iv fuked alot high lvl's even though im only lvl 20 in standard,,special takes more u have to beable to create a charecter and be good,theres to many spammers in standard but im retired from rank alltogether only playermatch fo me
    crazyest
    crazyest

Repect for Standard Mode Empty Re: Repect for Standard Mode

Post  crazyest Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:16 am

jhlax15 your right there are a hell of a lot of spammers and corner cutters in ranked, but; just like you; most of the stopped playing rank because of the lack of compatition. It's much easier to find a match worthwhile via player match. Hell i beat a level 331 at level 2. Plus Special is in its on area. it is about 80% stats 10% skill 10% connection.... I've fought lots of Astaroths that beat me because they have 200% att and unblockable A... Hell i got a Maxi that can knock your block for a spin with 1 counter hit. standard is about 80% skill 20% connection. There are no bonuses just normal everything and whatever connection your going up against. I'm use to the compatition on special my invisible astaroth is very will known and rarely loses, with standard i have no unfair advantages ;aside from my character. Twisted Evil
    gfab718
    gfab718
    Admin

Post  gfab718 Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:53 am

nah fellas u guys got the wrong idea of standard players its more like 90% skill and 10% connection trust me i no special just takes knowin how to play the tower and stat building true skill comes from standard trust me i no i started in special vs and went up to lvl 81 in no time because i built a sick ass sieg and stomped the shit outta most ppl then i went to standard and my 4 5 combos didnt work ne more it forced me to learn to adapt and use more then i needed from special
    crazyest
    crazyest

Post  crazyest Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Gfab what are you talking about this topic is holding standard up, it has helped me recreate my game. The Astaroth you fight against now is the product of me evolving my game to what u see today. I play standard 80% of the time now. I use to play special 100% of the time. I even changed my name so i could lose my Special mode rep... i got a 92% in standard 46/4 i think. Standard is the way to go. Evolve or Die! Twisted Evil
    gfab718
    gfab718
    Admin

Post  gfab718 Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:27 pm

ahh i see i was responding to jhlax he was sayin standard dont got good ppl i reread wat u wrote the 1st time lol stoner moment
    crazyest
    crazyest

Post  crazyest Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Yes, he was slamming on it a bit...but being a Ex:special Vs you learn to play very hard and have to learn how to kill 130+ hp bars down quick. So when you see a 100% hp bar it begins to look like a joke. That is the core of what he and I were saying. When the condition are equal it comes down to core character usage and knowledge. These qualities are what make a person dangerous. Standard mode pushes players to learn these qualities by erasing auto impacts, unblockables, grab breaks, and counters. Which are essential tool a character needs to know to be a more advanced player. In todays world everything is about quickness and easyness. No one want to learn how to impact online or when to attack to get a counter it or watch the characters hands to grapple break. That is why most beginners play special and the compatition is in standard. study
    jhlax15
    jhlax15

Post  jhlax15 Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:43 pm

i dunno my record in satandard is like 100-3 better then my special ppl in standard hate me iv beaten most of the top standard players but i known im the best yun seong player i luv the game ill do either one i just perfer special,, i giv [rops yo either player in special or standard its them and us that make this great gameeeeeeeeeeee
    IcyBlueCrysis
    IcyBlueCrysis

Post  IcyBlueCrysis Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:10 pm

I agree with Crazyest on this one, standard is no joke...~ You got to realize that's there's extra help in this, no Auto Unblockable A no HP Drains no nothing. I've playing special for awhile now and all I see are Cervy's with a lot of hp and no defence that spam me to death with teleports, special is way too easy, I've been playing so long I just don't enjoy playing special anymore I can really wipe the floor easily on alot of people and rank and was really easy to earn.

Standard is a whole other story, my winrate and rank is terrible and I'm quite an average player i would say, but the key thing is in standard half the people know what they are doing and they are strategic
    jhlax15
    jhlax15

Post  jhlax15 Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:17 pm

i disagree atleast the ppl i played wernt to good,and allot of those players learn everything from there friends telling them how to play witch is bullshit i say learn on ur own just like many ppl have,
    crazyest
    crazyest

Post  crazyest Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:00 am

Shocked This is going to be too easy to talk about. First off Standard has some top knotch compatition. I don't know who your were fighting, but i think u got to play it more... connection has alot to do with it. If you a 3 and your trying to go against a 4 they going to leave every time, because i do that. I can't even say Rank has anything to do with it because both of us a low ranked and we can destroy alot of people. Suspect I agree with the learning part i see Segys all the time doing the same move set to get a victory. Same with alot of the characters because most people like playing the "safe" game. For those that don't know what "Safe" game is its when you do an attack combo that is 100% or do normal attacks that are hardest to avoid and defend against, that also put you at a safe position to defend or attack again. Best examples for combos are Ivy's Coiled wipe AB[AK] 66AB. This attack is incredibly hard to detect and avoid and after it is set in motion there is nothing you can really do but sit back and watch your hp disappear even knowing its coming you barely have time to react. Another character safe comboer is Cerv: the mid Disembile med attack move that puts u in a stand stun(if anyone knows the combo move set post please) but if you played against a safe cerv you know what im talking about and the combo is only 90% because IF u can shake the last turn if they Don't Grab you, you can stop the lost 2 kicks, if they grab at you you duck.
    Now to the safe Attackers #1 on the chart is Sophie thats all i got to say. Cassy iss not as bad because to be safe you got to be about to do the Just input commands there for skill has to be involved making her respectable BUT the spam "Poke you in the eye move" might be 4B (post if u know) S'mina is another but u also have to be good to do it. She has a hold move list of safe attack you using a long ass stick you in the face pole. Lizardman's 66A, just saying his name proves my point on both safe games. Lastly is Astaroth. This character can be argued only because if his character weapon flaw "massive wiff punishment" even an experienced Asty player like me is nothing if i can't connect my attacks. If Asty wiffs he has a 100% 10+ frame recovery, That's every move, with the exeption of his knee which is 5, I think. So as i tell everyone, "If I can't hit or knock you down you are going to get the win 100% of the time."
    Rolling Eyes Well anyway back to the subject, really you just need to play more people in standard the compatition is "PoP'n, Tight to Deaf, On the road, About to D!" I holla Biotches! afro
    jhlax15
    jhlax15

Post  jhlax15 Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:22 pm

i got to lvl 45 in standard lol but im over it i was wrong about standard all they do is use kilik and grab over 10 times in a match even high ranking players,,but ill admit i played a great lizardman
    JiangWei21
    JiangWei21

Post  JiangWei21 Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:14 am

Definitely I've fought some ridiculous people in both standard and special but majority of them are in standard. I can understand why and that's because it's more of a leveled playing field and it's based more on skills vs special it's not 100% determined on skills but more 50/50 on skills and how good you can formulate a character.

But regardless what mode we play i'm sure we can all agree that they're some cocky ass people who think they are better then you and it's our jobs to put them in their place.
    crazyest
    crazyest

Post  crazyest Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:42 am

Mad THAT'S RIGHT!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!! People be thinking they all awesome with Astaroth with their 5 million "Time to Perish"s. I got more skills on the controller with my pinky and I don't even use it. That's right my pinky. Suspect You got a problem with that. What! What! Huh! Yeeaaah that's what I thought. Coming up in here with that trash....THIS IS MY HOUSE!!!!! afro
    IcyBlueCrysis
    IcyBlueCrysis

Post  IcyBlueCrysis Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:55 am

xD I use my right pinky when it needs to be used Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:23 pm